Monday, October 22, 2007

Sick Kiddos..........Uuuugggghhhh!!!!!!!!!


Team Little Bug at the Bellingham Buddy Walk!!!


Daddy and Little Bug on the walk looking out over the river. This was after about an hour of Connor constantly crying and then having to hold him the entire walk. He refused to go in his stroller. Mama carried him the first mile and Daddy did the rest!!!


A bit of reprieve from the rain.....


Ohhhhhhhh.......A Daddy and his son!!!!! Gotta Love It!!!!!!!!!!!!!


After a long day Little Bug conks out on Grandpa and Grandma Robertson's floor......


Hi everybody......
Wow, you are all being so patient as you wait for an update and yes, more pictures. I apologize for my lack of posting in the last view weeks.



The skeletal details.....
Buddy Walk was a great success. The first weekend was fun, however the weather was terrible, cold and windy and Little Bug was not in good spirits. Two days later he came down with the croup and has been sick ever since. Mackenzie picked it up yet another two days later and she has been sick ever since. The second weekend of the Buddy Walk we didn't feel comfortable taking the children out so Randy stayed home with the sickies and I went and walked with team Little Bug. The day was perfect. Weather was bright and sunny and everyone was exuberant to be there. The only bummer was not having the whole "Bug" family there in person. I wore a picture of Connor around my neck so everyone knew who I and team Little Bug were representing.

Randy has been gone for the past week doing what he enjoys......Hunting over in Eastern Washington. I think having children have made an indelible mark upon him because I hear he has been taking lots of pictures and hiking instead of hunting. Our nephew Kyle was the only one of the group that had any success.


With Randy gone and the kids sick it has been a challenging week. Thankfully, my mom is feeling stronger day by day and she was able to come up and help out a few days. Thanks mom for your energetic help with the kids!!!!

On top of everything this past week I went into the cake construction business. We had a our first "Girlfriends" event at our church and I had the pleasure of helping out. I got a wild hair in my head that said, "Yeah, I can make purse shaped cakes!!!!" Pursonality was the theme so we used a lot of purses in the decorations. The cakes came out so cute, but I was so glad that Grandma Nanny was here helping with the kids because otherwise it would have been impossible.



The past two days have been extra challenging as I think the kids are getting sicker. More coughing, more runny noses, more, yes you guessed it, diarrhea. Yuck!!!!!!!!! I think yesterday alone I changed more than 20 diapers between the two of these little darlings!!! We all know this is the life of a mom, but I must be honest, it has been a very tiresome few weeks. Hence the result of no updates......Now, I think you understand.



I'll post a couple of pictures and then when Randy gets home I'll have some uninterrupted time to post more photos. Thanks for all your prayers and for all your support of the Buddy Walk. We raised a total of $1500 between the two walks.....Whoooo Hooooo!!!!!!!!! Way to go team Little Bug!!!!



Lovebug Hugs,
Lori

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cute pictures :)

Anonymous said...

connor is very cute and so is your little one.

Dylan and Family said...

Hi Lori,

I'm so sorry that the kiddos are still sick. From first hand experience, I know what you are going through and it is REALLY not much fun. Especially the constant diaper exchange.

Hope things go more smoothly for you soon and that the kiddos are soon on the mend. I loved the pictures and I've got a few more for you from the Buddy Walk that I'll try to send to you soon.

Hope you get some rest soon.

Kristy Gillig

Emery Six said...

Oh! Little Bug has grown so much! Thanks for the pictures. Sounds like the buddy walk was challenging with Connor not feeling well and some of that wet stuff from the sky that we get so often around here. Not to mention the long drive to Bellingham. I must say that admire the fact that you can carry Bug for a mile. I wish I was strong enough to do that! I hope the kids feel better soon. Also, would love to see a few of Randy's pictures from his wilderness trip.

Susan