Friday, June 30, 2006

Coughs, sniffles, and sneezes.......

Oh these beautiful days of summer....Sun is shinning, breeze is blowing, sun tea brewing on the back deck, flowers blooming, butterflies circling the yard, and the smell of bbq grilling is in the air....Don't you just love summertime??? I know I do!!! It's been so nice to be home to experience the smells of freshly cut grass and all of the above. But for us, we must add coughs, sniffles, and sneezes to the list. What terrible colds we are fighting around here. I am still coughing and congested and Little Bug is beside himself with tying to cough up all the junk that's inside of him. How I hate to watch him struggle with this cold after he's been through so much already. I now know more than ever how moms feel when their babies are sick with the sniffles. We hurt each time we have to use that silly blue bulb and suction out their nose. We hurt each time we rock them and pat their little back and feel all that congestion on the inside. We cancel appointments so that we don't have to go out and we put plans on hold so that we can lay low and get better. I am realizing that it was one thing to be in the hospital with a critically ill baby and clearly another to be at home with a fragile baby who has the common cold. In the first experience we relied on doctors and nurses and the second we rely on the sacrfiices and love of dad and mom. It is such a pleasure being a mom!!! Even with the coughs, sniffles and sneezes barking down our door, I wouldn't trade this job for anything in the world.

Back to wiping noses and comforting cries!!!!
Lovebug Hugs,
Lori

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori,
I hear ya, it is sooo hard to watch them being sick. I can not imagine being through all you have been through. Last night I watched the documentary on little baby Jonah! OH MY how I cried!! It made me realize once again how we can never take our little one's lives for granted. Ellyanah had had a fever for the past few days and it worries me but when I watched baby Jonah.........it put things into perspective really fast. I am sooo glad that you can enjoy the comfort of your own home sounds and smells. Soon you will be able to participate in the BBQ's, walks with ths stroller and much much more! We will continue to pray for you and Connor.
Love
Tammy

Anonymous said...

Hi Honez and littlebug!!! Daddz misses zou so much!!! Im in Zagreb, Croatia right now and if mz tzping seems to be funnz its cause the letters on the kezboard are a bit mixed up???? So Ill tzpe and let zou fill in the rest....I guess its onlz the "y" and a few other letters????

Lori...I hope zou and bug get over this cold soon...I basicallz still have it too and its not fun!!! So get lots of rest and know that Ićm prazin for zou both.....and especiallz missing zou!!!!

Well off to parts unknown????? Ićll trz and call when I get back to Ramstein ok, we might be going to the Deid tomorrow so mazbe Ićll have enough time to call from there OK. Hez can lets have a BBQ when I get back OK...and donćt worrz about getting the house all organiyed....Ićll help Ok...zou get zour rest and get littlebug better OK.....Love and hugs
Daddz

Anonymous said...

I have to agree, being a mom is the BEST job ever! And Im like you I wouldnt change one little thing about it. From colds to smiles, icky dippers to laughter. We are so lucky to have our children they are a blessing and a gift!!! Hang in there guys you'll get over the crud and be feeling better soon. Miss you guys!!!! Love and Hugs Sheila

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori,
I was at a BBQ tonight telling about Connor and a lady I know was mentioning that her friend has a little baby at childrens and his name is Hudson. She was telling me that Hudson's mom was really blessed one night when she met another christian mom one day while she was up doing her blogging. I was just thinking.....that sure sounds like Lori again - encouraging someone else!
You Have touched SOOO MANY lives!!
Love Tammy

Anonymous said...

Ok Lori I know your feeling a little under the weather but Im needing a bug fix!!!! I hope you put pictures up soon!!!! Love Ya Sheila

Anonymous said...

Hey little bug! I just know your going to be feeling better in no time. It sounds like your Daddy wants to have a BBQ when he gets back. We can't wait to see pictures of you having fun at home.