Friday, April 21, 2006

Climbing the Healing Mountain....

After a hard day of breathing yesterday, Connor did suprising well this morning and they were able to remove the ventulator. He went directly onto the c-pap machine for the extra help in breathing and has been doing well today. He has been able to stay off of sedation today as well which is a very good sign that he is wanting to do the work on his own. They are watching him very closely to see that he is tolerating the tightness of the PA Band and so far, he seems to be doing really well with it.

Mama was able to hold Connor for 2 whole hours this afternoon before he just seemed too uncomfortable with the positioning of being held. It was absolutely delightful to snuggle together with the sunshine beating in through our hospital room window. I had to laugh when I put him back into his bed today. I laid him in his little nest and his blankets were a bit crumpled, and low and behold, there was Herman peeking his little angel head out from the blanket. I think he actually winked at me before I covered them both back up. I am quite sure that Little Bug and Herman have quite a good time when no one is looking.

It was nice to see sunshine today and the billowing white clouds out my window. It once again made me long for extended walks in the the stroller with Connor and Daddy. How anxious we are for that time to come, but for now, we remain on a healing trend and Connor is getting stronger and stronger each day. We are all climbing the healing mountain and we are starting to feel that the homeward stretch is right around the corner.

We continue to make new hospital friends each day and we would appreciate your continued prayers for all our friends. We added baby Michael to the list as well as Gavin, Jacob and a little girl named Calla. All our sweet friends and their families need our love and prayers, please remember them when you remember our Little Bug!!!

Lovebug Hugs,
Lori

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord for a better day! We absolutely are believing for continued healing. I'm so glad to know that Herman is there with Connor. Herman must be a pretty special little angel to have been given this special assignment. :) You all rest in God's hands tonight.
Love you all!
Auntie Heather #2

Anonymous said...

Lori~
Thank you for filling us in on Herman's activities, I pray that he makes you smile, when you need a smile the most! Conner's recovery sounds really good. The billowing white clouds will be waiting for you as soon as you exit that great big building and get the blessing of going home. We are praying that day is coming soon, for Conner's sake. I know you and Randy miss home, but Conner has alot of catching up to do at making his house, his home, and being the most comforted when is within those walls. I am excited for both of you and Conner to experience that! I can not wait to hear Conner give his Testimony and I am sure that will begin sooner than any of us realize. Maybe even as soon as his first word. We love you guys!!!


Love,
Andrea & family

Anonymous said...

Connor, so glad to hear that you are on the up hill climb and that the Doctors were able to removed the ventulator today. Keep up the good work, littlebug. When you get home you will enjoy your stroller rides with Herman, especially since mama and daddy will then do the up hill work, and you can just sit back and enjoy the ride. I love you lots & lots!!!!!

Lori & Randy~As I was doing my devotions today, I really felt impressed to share it with you. Here is the story I read:

A mother and her 4-year-old daughter were preparing for bed. The child was afraid of the dark. When the lights were turned off, the girl noticed the moon shining through the window. "Mommy," she asked, "is that God's light up there?" "Yes, it is," came the reply. Soon another question: "Will He put it out and go to sleep too?" "Oh no, He never goes to sleep." After a few silent moments, the little girl said, "As long as God is awake, I'm not scared." Realizing that the Lord would be watching over her, the reassured child soon fell into a peaceful sleep.

As Christians, we may confidently commit both the night and the day to our ever-faithful God. He is fully aware of our fears in the dark as well as our frustrations in the light. We can be assured of His constant care. His loving eye and protecting hand are always upon us. Lori and Randy, when you face the lonely hours in ICU, not being able to pick Connor up for snuggle time, or even the helpless feelings, and the shadows of the night make the anxiety of your situation seem greater than ever. Doubts arise and fears flood your soul, robbing you of your needed rest. Trust the heavenly Father, and with the psalmist you will be able to say, "I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; for You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety" (Psalm 4:8), Remember, God is always awake.

Hope this helps you put full trust in the Lord so you can get the much needed rest your body deserves. Sending my love to you, and will continue to pray for Connors healing. Hope to see you next week.

Anonymous said...

Hi Randy, Lori and Connor~

Oh, what an answer to prayer to read last night's entry. I am so grateful to the Lord for His amazing healing touch. Wow, already off of the ventilator and so much heavy sedation medication. Praise the Lord!

Today is a beautiful day here in Mt. Vernon. The sun is shining and the birds are singing. I, too, long for the day when you and Little Bug can go for a stroll outside. Won't he be fascinated by all of God's creation?!

I will be praying that today's climb is productive. And, that Connor breezes over any snags or crevices.

I love you,

Auntie Heather

Anonymous said...

Little Bug, you are doing such a great job! I am so glad that mommy got to hold you and I know that was very good for mommy!
I loved seeing all of you the other night. What a blessing to be able to give hugs and encouragement in person. Lori and Randy, you are both incredible and faithful people. I love you both.
Many Blessings,
Lovingly, Aunt Jacqueline

Anonymous said...

Hey Randy Lori and Baby Connor
I miss you guys I hope to come down and see you soon!! I love you to the Moon and back Plus more I pray for you night and day!!! give Connor lots of loveBug hugs and kisses for me!!!
oxoxoxoxoxox
Erica!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori - I am so happy to hear that your "little bug" is doing so well. It's such a privledge to be able to share Connor's journey through your writing. I'm happy to report that Maggie is doing well. Keeping you in our prayers. Susie DeVries

Anonymous said...

We journey with you on your blog each night before we got to bed. Your messages make it seem like we are there with you. Be sure that our prayers are. When the news is good, we rejoice, but we don't ever let up on our prayers for those miracles. We pray for your stength as much as we do for Connor because we know how hard it has been and is for you. But God is good. Praise His name.
Pat & doug

Michelle said...

Glad to hear he's climbing that healing mountain. That's wonderful he was able to come off the vent and the sedation. Continue to get better Connor! I hope you don't mind but I'm going to post a link on my blog asking for prayers too.

Deryck said...

Good luck for his recovery! I'm sure that he'll be home again very soon!!

Kari said...

I found this blog link on Michelle's blog and came by to let you know Connor is in my thoughts and prayers. He sure is an adorable little guy!