Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Bye, bye ICU!!!

Well, it's official. We are definately being moved to the floor. I'm happy, nervous, excited, and scared all at once. I'm just packing up the sleeping room to bring all the things downstairs so that when we move, I only have to move the bags once. Just packing up Connor's room is going to be a job!!! He has quite a jungle growing in his room so it will probably take a few bags just of animals!!! What a graduation day we are having. It's quite a way to celebrate Connor's 3 month birthday!!!

I better run now and get things packed up. I understand that our floor experience will be quite a bit different than the ICU. I am nervous that we won't get as much care because the nurses are spread pretty thin. Please pray that I would be able to watch for all the specific markers that show that Connor is having difficulty. I will now be sleeping right in the room with him 24/7. As far as I know, we were not able to get a private room so we will be sharing our room with another kiddo. Please pray that there will be times of rest for both Connor and I.

I will update more later. By the way, what a cute pic that daddy posted of Connor at 3 days old. That was enough to make mama fall into a pile of tears here at the computer. How cute he is!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 3 MONTH BIRTHDAY LITTLE BUG BOY!!! This is such a blessing. You are such a blessing...all three of you. I'm anxious to see you in your new surroundings! I am so happy for you.
Congratuations on being one step closer to the door!! You're doing it little bug!! Praise the Lord!
Love Auntie Maureen